Saturday, March 14, 2009

A DAY OF FIRSTS

Today, Saturday, March 14, 2009 was definitely a day of firsts:

  • First day in a l-o-n-g time that the temperature was near 40 degrees
  • First day since we have been back from the Christmas trip home that the sidewalks are completely clear of snow and ice. It sure makes getting around easier.
  • First day since we returned that I haven't worn my long handles (thermal underwear) outside.
  • First day since we returned that I haven't worn my biggest coat...switched over to my fleece.
  • First day that I actually just went outside to walk in the sun...without a knit cap, gloves and scarf.

I don't know how long it will be before there are more signs of spring but today was surely a great day.

It looks like we have some snow forecast for the end of next week but why look ahead?

No comments: